ALIGN Technology, the company that makes Invisalign orthodontic aligners, has not yet made any indication that they will be reversing their decision on June 1st to require dentists and orthodontists to do a minimum of 10 cases each year and complete 10 hours of their Continuing Education courses each year. The backlash among dentists and orthodontists, however, continues to get stronger, as this is a fairly blatant move by a for-profit corporation to intrude on a doctor’s autonomy and decision-making rights as to which cases are appropriate for Invisalign and which are not. Several professional organizations, including the Academy of General Dentistry and the New York State Dental Association, are already responding with letters to ALIGN Technology’s Board of Directors and President, stating that there is simply no evidence that the so-called “proficiency requirements” have any basis in science, and unless they can come up with something to substantiate the claims the company is making, they should immediately withdraw the requirements. If ALIGN Technology continues on this course, patients should fully expect to see an enormous drop in the availability of Invisalign as more and more dentists and orthodontists simply drop their service.
The good news is that there are alternatives to Invisalign, and they work as well or better, AND they’re even less expensive! For some info and examples, check out our Six-Month Smiles in Charlotte! Then you can Request a Complimentary Consultation to see how fast you can feel good about your smile again with straight, white teeth! And if you’re concerned about cost, if you sign up for our Dental Discount Plan or choose Interest-Free Payment Plans with Care Credit, you can save some real money, too.
We’ve recently begun offering some new New Patient promotions, so I realized I should post them here, too, and not just on our website. Duh, right? LOL Anyway, just click on the Coupon to go to our website, where you can actually download the coupon, print it, and bring it in with you. Be sure to tell us you found it here on the Smiles by Payet Dentistry blog!
I thought I’d just mention this again, as we’ve had increasing interest in our Smiles by Payet Dentistry Dental Discount Plan; as far as I know, it’s the only Dental Discount Plan in Charlotte, NC that’s offered. Patients are finding some real savings with it. We are only offering this for patients with NO Dental Insurance; alternately, if you have an HMO or DMO plan and don’t want to see the dentist your network says you have to see, this option would work for you, too!
The Chicago Sun-Times reported today that more Americans are choosing to cut back on visiting the dentist due to the current economic downturn……….with potentially far more expensive consequences than most think.
Click HERE to read the full story in the Chicago Sun-Times.
We understand the tempation to skip a regular check-up at your dentist’s office when times are tough and budgets tight. We also hope you understand that staying on track with regular check-ups could literally save you hundreds or thousands of dollars in dental treatment later. Think about it this way:
- Skip an appt. now or decide to wait to get the filling done for $1-200……..and when the cavity gets much bigger, you might need a build-up filling and crown for $900-1300.
- Skip getting the build-up filling and crown now for $9-1,300 and you may end up needing a root canal, too, which could add another $800-1100.
- Wait too long entirely and your tooth may not even be fixable and have to be extracted, and getting teeth replaced can be FAR more expensive than saving them. Just 1 dental implant and crown in Charlotte can cost $3500-5000; what if you need more than 1?
- Wait too long and multiple teeth that before only needed fillings, now need crowns and root canals?
- Wait too long and the early-stage gum disease that can be easily controlled now might progress to the point that they can’t be saved and you end up in dentures.
I know that I’m dramatizing the potential risks a bit here, but the thing is…..those risks are real and happen every day. It makes us really sad when patients put off the inexpensive treatment now and then have to pay a lot more, maybe even suffer a lot of pain, because they waited.
At Smiles by Payet Dentistry, we offer several options to help you afford your dentistry now, and of course we are glad to help prioritize your treatment to get the most urgent items taken care of first. Some options:
- CareCredit Interest-Free Financing for 3-, 6-, or 12-Months.
- Smiles by Payet Dentistry In-House Discount Plan
- And we have a couple others – Download our Payment Options worksheet for details or call 704-364-7069 for details.
The most important take-home message is simply this: don’t wait, because it will only get worse.