Again, you might ask!? Yes, but not our real office. We’re just getting ready to move our blog to a new one that will also be combined with a re-built and re-designed http://www.SmilesbyPayet.com. It will make it so much easier to keep up with our practice! In addition, there will be some cool new features added to our Facebook page, and soon you’ll see better integration of Facebook, Twitter, this blog, and the several websites for our practice. Stay tuned and don’t forget to subscribe!
Did you know the Southern Womens Show is coming to Charlotte for it’s annual event starting TOMORROW!?!?!? No? HELLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!! 🙂 You been hiding under a rock? LOL And even BETTER, even if you knew that it was happening on Sept. 16th-20th at The Park Expo and Convention Center (formerly the Charlotte Merchandise Mart) just off Independence Blvd. near Bojangles Arena and Ovens Auditorium (if you need better directions than that, check out this link 🙂 ), did you know that Smiles by Payet Dentistry will be there? Probably not! But we will be, and I’ll be blogging about it throughout the weekend. This is our first time having a booth at the SWS, and we’re really excited. Come by and visit us at Booth 204-206; trust me, you really won’t be able to miss us……we’re practically right next to the stage, the food court, the makeup booths for Belk, and 107.9 The LINK radio station.
We’ll have information on our most popular and unique mix of services:
- The Quality Dental Plan — a truly affordable dental discount plan for the whole family that can save you thousands (even on braces and cosmetic dentistry)
- Laser Periodontal TherapyTM – the most effective and comfortable treatment for mild, moderate, and even the most severe gum disease
- 6MonthSmiles Clear Adult Braces — get that straight smile and FREE Whitening in only 6 months, and
- Comprehensive Orthodontics for Teens — it’s really convenient to have your kids’ regular dentist for cleanings also offer braces for your pre-teens and teens; it’s all in 1 place!
Like I said, I’ll be blogging through the weekend, so keep an eye out. We have some great specials and some fun prizes to win, too, so don’t forget to enter your name.
See you at the Southern Women’s Show!
I am very pleased to announce that we have just hired our newest Team Member, Samantha H., who will be joining us sometime in the next 2 weeks as our full-time Orthodontic Assistant. With the dramatic increase in patients getting 6MonthSmiles Clear Adult Braces, as well as the Comprehensive Orthodontics we now offer for teens, now that we have the additional chairs to accommodate them in a more timely manner, it became important to have an assistant with real experience. Rosie and Marie have done well, but their real knowledge and expertise is in the areas of fillings, crowns, bridges, LANAP, and other aspects of general dentistry, and this will allow them to provide more dedicated assisting time with me, in order to make your appointments go more smoothly and quickly.
Some of you have already met Samantha when she came to us for a working interview, and you can surely attest (please feel free to comment here 🙂 ) to how pleasant and skilled she is, as pretty much all of you requested her back at your next appointment! With 13 years of experience, she is fast AND easy-on-the-teeth. We are sure that you will all love working with her.
As we’ve been telling so many of our patients in recent months, we are moving to a new office around the middle of May 2010, and we’re REALLY excited about this! For a number of reasons, our new office is going to make it so much easier for us to see even more patients, faster, with BETTER customer service than we already strive to offer every day. Read on for more……..:
- Expanding from 3 Treatment Rooms to 6: We will be dedicating at least 1 of those new rooms strictly to our 6MonthSmiles (fast, invisible braces for adults), because we are seeing so many adults who want a pretty, straight smile, but who don’t want or need to go through comprehensive orthodontics. In addition, we will be soon adding Tip-Edge Orthodontics for our teen patients, which will make orthodontic treatment for both parents and teens even more convenient.
- Private Consultation Room: Oh how nice this will be. For a while now, we’ve had to use a converted treatment room for consultations, but it’s never been as quiet and private as we’d have liked. That’s changing! You’ll have total quiet and privacy when discussing whatever you need to tell us.
- Kid’s Play Area: There will be a small area in the Reception are just for kids to play, which will make it so much easier for parents with those small children to keep their appointments.
- Internet Bar + Free WiFi: In today’s interconnected world, it’s so important to be able to stay connected. We will have a separate WiFi network just for our patients, and the one that we use will be securely encrypted to maintain privacy. And while we will work to ensure your waits are minimal, if you have a laptop or smartphone….you’ll be good to go. If not, you’ll still be able to check email or browse the Web from our 3 computers — you can even Share our Facebook Fan page with your friends! 🙂
- TVs in all the treatment rooms: You’ll be able to watch your favorite shows to relax during your appointments with the big 32″ monitors directly overhead.
So stay tuned…….become a Fan on Facebook for more frequent updates……..exciting times are ahead!
If you are in need of a dentist around the United States, whether for LANAP, cosmetic dentistry, or even a regular dentist to take care of you, I am fortunate to have become good friends with many colleagues around the country, and even a number of them around the world. Below you can find a list of these dentists, most of whom I know personally, and all of whom I would trust with caring for my own family’s dental needs. All dentists who also provide LANAP are labeled for easy reference. Should you be in need, please don’t hesitate to mention that you found them here.
- Dr. Howard Farran: Today’s Dental in Phoenix
- Dr. Frank Nelson: Nelson Family Dental Care in Bullhead City
- Dr. Ehfad Shah in Maricopa/Phoeniz
- Dr. Glenn Hanf: McDownell Mountain Ranch Dentistry in Scottsdale
- Dr. Sameer Puri: General, Esthetic, & Implant Dentistry in Tarzana
- Dr. Dan Marcus: General Dentist in Orange County (LANAP dentist)
- Dr. Donald J. Roth in Thousand Oaks
- Dr. Robert Gregg: Co-Inventor of the Periolase in Cerritos
- Dr. Dale Trudeau in San Diego
- Dr. Fadi E. Elzayat in N. Hollywood
- Dr. Delwin McCarthy: Co-Inventor of the Periolase in Cerritos
- Dr. Armen Mirzayan in Los Angeles
- Dr. John Coffey in Santa Cruz
- Dr. Rodger “Rod” Kurthy in Mission Viejo/Newport Beach, Developer of Deep BleachingTM
- Dr. Daniel Daniel T. Quevedo: General, Cosmetic,& Laser Dentistry in Longwood (LANAP dentist)
- Dr. Mike Barr: General & Cosmetic Dentistry and 6 Month Braces in Boynton Beach
- Dr. David Kimmel: Microscope and Laser Dentistry in Bayonet Point/Tarpon Springs
- Dr. Mark Flemming in Sarasota: General Dentistry in Sarasota
- Dr. Ivan E. Tererro in Bonita Springs
- Dr. Ramzi Matar in Maitland
- Dr. John Cannariato in Tampa
- Dr. Julio Maya in Terrance/Tampa
- Dr. Carlos Boudet in West Palm Beach
- Dr. William K. Gibson in Naples
- Dr. Al Bolholst in Tampa
- Dr. Matthew Brink in Wheaton/Chicago (LANAP dentist)
- Dr. Janet Century in North Barrington, Chicago: LANAP, Microscope, & CEREC
- Dr. Rich Rosenblatt in Lake Forest
- Dr. Mark Lind in Buffalo Grove/N. Chicago
- Dr. Tom Schoen in Wabasha (LANAP dentist)
- Dr. Janice Frederick in Mendota Heights/Minneapolis (LANAP dentist)
- Dr. Erik Marksberry in Minneapolis
- Dr. John Comisi: “Dental Care with a Difference” in Ithaca
- Dr. Donato Napoletano: Donato Dental Systems, LLC in Middletown (LANAP dentist)
- Dr. Jason Tanoory in Canandaigua
- Dr. Stuart Weinstein in Niagara Falls
- Dr. Marc Siegel in Snyder
- Dr. Don Franklin: Charlotte Periodontist(LANAP dentist)
- Herrin, Sykes, Swann, & Pelaux: Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Dr. Tarun Agarwal: Cosmetic, Implant, & General Dentistry in Raleigh
- Dr. Shannon McGee: Sleep Dentistry in Southern Pines
- Dr. Rebecca Schmoor in Raleigh
- Dr. George Jones in Sunset Beach
- Drs. Morse and Doyle in Kernersville
- Dr. Jeanine MacDonald and Dr. Michael Melkers in Spokane
- Dr. Mike Scoles in Issaquah (near Seattle)
- Dr. Aditi Agarwal in Redmond
- Dr. Thomas Caspers in Renton (near Seattle)
- Dr. Glenn van As: Microscope and Laser Dentist in Vancouver, BC
- Dr. Michael Ling in Brantford (near Toronto)
USE IT OR LOSE IT!
Your Dental Insurance, that is. Did you know that, when your dental insurance year runs out, you LOSE whatever benefits you have left? Unlike phone minutes, there’s no “roll-over” for your insurance, so once they’re gone, they’re GONE.
We are rapidly approaching the end of 2009, and our schedule is already filling up for those last appointments of the year; if you don’t schedule now, you could easily miss out on the opportunity to use your benefits to help you get the dental treatment you need. If you want to use Flex Plan dollars (‘cause you lose those, too, don’t forget!) or Dental Insurance that is still available, please call Liz at your first chance so you don’t miss out.
In addition to using your Dental Benefits, we are offering some really cool End-of-Year specials to help you out (hey, if you save some money and I get to stay busy, we BOTH benefit, right?)
1) Get up to an ADDITIONAL $500 off our amazing Six-Month Braces! This has been incredibly popular, and patients tell us almost every day that they can’t believe how fast their teeth are straightening out. Many are going to have the smiles straight and white by Thanksgiving or Christmas already. Since we already have the coupon for $500 off, if you chose this option, you can save UP TO $1000! If you’re doing 1 arch, you save $250 extra, but $500 off if you do both top and bottom teeth.
2) SAVE YOUR TEETH FROM GUM DISEASE AND $500 OFF! If you have gum disease and we’ve talked with you about LANAP, here’s the best way to go: We are scheduling blocks of time in the last week of December and the first week in January JUST for LANAP patients. By doing the first ½ of your mouth in Dec., then the second ½ in January, you already get to use TWO years of dental benefits, which will really save you money. But if you call to schedule now, you can save $500 off your total treatment fee, too! Because we’re reserving 4-5 hours of time for you this far in advance, we do require a deposit so we know you’re serious. If you’re worried about how it will feel, especially around the holidays, visit us at www.YouTube.com/SmilesbyPayet and you can see some video testimonials from 2 of my recent patients and from other patients around the country. It’s amazing – all you’ll need is a little ibuprofen and the next day you’re back up to normal .
3) 15% OFF ALL OTHER TREATMENT! Regardless of what other dental work you need, you can save a full 15% off from now through December 31st. Just call Liz to schedule your appointment ASAP before others take them all.
So start planning and calling now, before time runs out, your dental insurance is gone, your flex dollars are gone, and our End-of-Year Specials are gone. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Request an Appointment Online or Call 704-364-7069
Well, ok – not quite yet, but the process is beginning, so we’re going to be putting a lot of effort into making sure that EVERY ONE of our patients knows about it by the time it really happens, which will most likely be about the beginning of April, if all goes according to plan (but construction plans always have some glitches at some point, so it could be later, but that’s our target date.
Our new location? 4601 Park Rd., at the corner of Park Rd. and Abbey Place, which is 1 stoplight south of the intersection with Woodlawn Rd. It’s hard to miss – a big, six-story building with a big monument sign in front, and on the front of the building it says “OrthoCarolina.” Only a few minutes away from our current Southpark location, it will be much easier to find, and the new office will be on the first floor – conveniently and directly located across from SouthPark Pediatrics, a big pediatrician’s office.
More details will be coming soon! We’re so amazingly excited about this – completely redesigned office for efficiency and smooth flow, all of your treatment will be easier, faster, more comfortable, less cramped, and ultimately even better than what we already provide. You’re going to LOVE IT!
News segment with Terrie Reeves & Dr. Payet on “Train for Life”, on TVNews 14 in Charlotte – coming soon!
Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of recording a short interview with the Founder and President (and one of my patients) of the Wellness Coalition of America, Ms. Terrie Reeves, for her weekly segment on TVNews 14 (every Sunday) called “Train for Life.” Each week, Terrie interviews people in different areas of life, all of which are somehow related to our total health and well-being. My first interview was how dentists can be an important part of your health-care team, because many diseases can be diagnosed through various conditions that come up in the mouth – diabetes, leukemia, gum disease – especially this one, because it has been shown to be linked to an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and more. You can see the video segment that was aired in late spring 2009 at this link: Dental Health and Total Body Health Links (please note that the video must be viewed on Internet Explorer or Safari, but does not play on Firefox – sorry!).
Well, today we’ll be recording 2 new segments to be aired this fall. The first will be on the NTI-tss, an FDA-approved and non-medication treatment for Chronic Migraine and Chronic Tension Headaches, and the second spot (won’t air until November) will cover the most effective and comfortable treatment for periodontal (gum) disease available: the LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) protocol, which can only be performed by a dentist licensed in the use of the Periolase MVP-7 free-running pulsed Nd:YAG dental laser.
I’ll be sure to post links to each of these as they become available! I must admit, it’s kind of fun to become a local expert on dentistry for the media. 🙂
Wow – this one even surprised me! Check out this summary of a recent study from the Journal of Sexual Medicine:
Erectile dysfunction might be associated with chronic periodontal disease: two ends of the cardiovascular spectrum.
Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces, Zrifin, Israel. email@example.com
INTRODUCTION: Both chronic periodontal disease (CPD) and erectile dysfunction (ED) are associated with cardiovascular disease and its risk factors, including smoking and diabetes mellitus. However, the association between ED and CPD has never been studied. AIM: To study the association between ED and CPD. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES. Prevalence of ED, prevalence of CPD, ED severity. METHODS: The study population consisted of 305 men who filled the Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM) questionnaire in order to detect ED and assess its severity, and underwent a pair of standardized posterior dental bitewing radiographs in order to detect CPD. SHIM questionnaire scores 21 or less represented ED. Alveolar bone loss of >or=6 mm represented CPD. RESULTS: The mean age of included men was 39.5 +/- 6.7 years. Overall, 70 (22.9%) men had ED and 13 (4.3%) had CPD. CPD was significantly more prevalent among men with mild ED (P = 0.004) and moderate to severe ED (P = 0.007) in comparison to men without ED. CONCLUSIONS: ED might be associated with CPD. These preliminary findings are consistent with theories that associate these conditions with systemic inflammation, endothelial dysfunction, and atherosclerosis.
Ohhhhh, and I apparently forgot to mention (Oops! 😉 ): if periodontal disease is something you need treated, and you want the absolute best treatment currently available, please request a Consultation/Exam with us by either of the following ways: