Skipping your dental checkup now could cost you more long-term
The Chicago Sun-Times reported today that more Americans are choosing to cut back on visiting the dentist due to the current economic downturn……….with potentially far more expensive consequences than most think.
Click HERE to read the full story in the Chicago Sun-Times.
We understand the tempation to skip a regular check-up at your dentist’s office when times are tough and budgets tight. We also hope you understand that staying on track with regular check-ups could literally save you hundreds or thousands of dollars in dental treatment later. Think about it this way:
- Skip an appt. now or decide to wait to get the filling done for $1-200……..and when the cavity gets much bigger, you might need a build-up filling and crown for $900-1300.
- Skip getting the build-up filling and crown now for $9-1,300 and you may end up needing a root canal, too, which could add another $800-1100.
- Wait too long entirely and your tooth may not even be fixable and have to be extracted, and getting teeth replaced can be FAR more expensive than saving them. Just 1 dental implant and crown in Charlotte can cost $3500-5000; what if you need more than 1?
- Wait too long and multiple teeth that before only needed fillings, now need crowns and root canals?
- Wait too long and the early-stage gum disease that can be easily controlled now might progress to the point that they can’t be saved and you end up in dentures.
I know that I’m dramatizing the potential risks a bit here, but the thing is…..those risks are real and happen every day. It makes us really sad when patients put off the inexpensive treatment now and then have to pay a lot more, maybe even suffer a lot of pain, because they waited.
At Smiles by Payet Dentistry, we offer several options to help you afford your dentistry now, and of course we are glad to help prioritize your treatment to get the most urgent items taken care of first. Some options:
- CareCredit Interest-Free Financing for 3-, 6-, or 12-Months.
- Smiles by Payet Dentistry In-House Discount Plan
- And we have a couple others – Download our Payment Options worksheet for details or call 704-364-7069 for details.
The most important take-home message is simply this: don’t wait, because it will only get worse.
No comments yet.